Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Disney Birthday

 I have a lot of co-workers with May birthdays.  This was made for one of them.  I didn't necessarily go with what she told me she wanted this time, because she forgot to mention what a Disney freak she is.  LOL  I did ask her what her favorite Disney character was, she said Mickey & Minnie (of course).  She said her favorite colors were blue and purple.  I struggled with how to do Mickey & Minnie mouse in blue and purple since I always think black & red when I think of them....not sure why that is?  Anyway, because she is an adult I didn't want it to appear too child like, so I added flowers and gems, lots of flowers and gems. LOL  I added some scraps (the yellow and white swirls and the white leaves) that I had laying around from the last card I made (not yet posted), I also added the balloons which were print and cut from Cricut.  Here is how it turned out:


Thanks for looking!

Unicorn Challenge Blog – Include an Animal

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog (5 entries)– Use a Birthday Sentiment

Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) –  ALWAYS anything goes  

ColorMy Heart Color Dare –     

SheepSki Designs Challenges (up to 3 entries) – Cute

Cute As A Button –ATG

Daisy Chain Challenges – Birthday

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers (enter up to 10 combined challenges) – L=Layers

Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday – Animals of Any Kind

AAA Birthday Challenges (starts 1st Monday) – Critters  

 

14 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Lovely card and lots of fun with the Disney mice. I think you have entered into the most recent Color My Heart Color Dare challenge in error and you wanted to enter challenge 491 instead. There’s still time to go and link it to challenge 491 if you are quick! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Alyson Mayo said...

What a fun layout - love all the little squares! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Cat Nowak said...

What a great card for a Disney lover! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Michelle said...

Wow what a great card! So many details for the eyes! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Ellibelle said...

Super sweet card, Karen. Love the pretty background you created with the different papers! And of course love Minnie and Mickey Mouse :)
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday April challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

JulieP said...

I think you checked off all of her boxes! This is adorable. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, what a flurry of colors and flowers around Mickey and Minnie... beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Debi said...

The recipient will LOVE this card. Thanks for playing at Color Dare.

Jane.D said...

Such a fun card and perfect for a Disney Lover! I love how you've created the background using different papers, so pretty! Thank you for sharing and playing along at AAA Birthday! Hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

Vandra said...

Mickie and Minnie are always crowd favourites. I like what you've included in your card. Thanks for adding your work to Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

Donna said...

WOW!!!
Now THAT is a LOT of layers!! Nicely done :)
Thanks for layering up with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

Jane said...

Oh my that's one spectacular card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Lisa Bird said...

Wow A beautiful card, I love all your embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

Savyakala by Asha said...

beautiful card. thank you for participating in color dare challenge.