Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Here I Am!

I am in love with the Pink and Black together (and yellow and black...but that isn't this card - lol)!!  When I got this image from Rick St Dennis (her name is Theda The Vamp) I didn't realize she was a Vampire...I thought she was a Geisha or something like that...Silly me I find the name later!  LOL  But I love her and think she is beautiful, so I colored her to be beautiful, not the traditional vampire...LOL  I colored her using gel pens and Promarker with a dab of glossy accents.  ***a tip for you***  Rather than waiting for the gel pen to dry, I used a blending stick and rubbed the gel pen around to fill in the white.  This is the first time I've tried this (on purpose) and have decided I may do this some more in the future!!
I added pearls, black gems, black ribbon, white lace, pink and black papers, pink black and white flowers, pink glitter in a bottle, I made a pink and black stick pin, used pink and black butterflies and added a sentiment from Create With TLC that I thought fit her 'personality'.




Thanks for looking!


Glitter n Sparkle  (up to 3 entries) – Pearls and lace
Pile It On – feminine
The Pink Elephant – Photo Inspiration
The Crazy Challenge (only four entries) –  Bling it up
Top Tip Tuesday – (enter up to 3 times) Leave a Tip – Cute
Craft-Room Challenge (3 entries)–  Humor
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog–  For a friend
Paper Crafting Journey – Anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks – Color a stamped image (digi or rubber)
Totally Papercrafts (enter a total of 3 times) – Pastels
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges (Up to 3 entries) – stripes
Just Keep On Creating – Anything Goes                     
A Gem of A Challenge – RibbonLace                                                                                                        
Catch the Bug Challenge Blog (Bugaboo Stamps) 3 entries per person –Anything Goes

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card, Karen! I love how you fussy cut her out :) Awesome! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxo

Sue said...

Fabulous card! Such a great image, I love the colours and beautiful detailing.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Great card, you're right pink and black together are great. Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts.
Cheers Nicole DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and funny card, just perfect.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Unknown said...

Great image and coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Tip Top Tuesday. Amy A., DT

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. Yes I can see where you would think she was a geisha girl rather than a vampire so honest mistake but she is lovely x
Thank you for joining us this week over at Glitter n Sparkle.
Hugs xxx

Sammi DT
(AngelicBadGirl)

Kathy said...

So cute. Love the pink and black Karen, it's stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug.

suzARTe said...

She certainly has made her presence known, for some reason the main image reminds me of one of my favourite singers, Shirley Bassy. I love the main image and everything else on this card.
Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating :)

Zoechaos said...

She's a real Drama Queen! thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

This is such a fun card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.