Monday, January 31, 2022

3rd Birthday Barbie

 This card was made for this fortnight's Double Trouble Paper Crafting Challenge.  I'm so greatful to get to be a part of Double Trouble this month!!  I had a blast!!  :)

"SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing"  


THING 1: Trouble Maker

says, "It's time again to grab your bone folder and other crafty stuff and create something new. We think this is easier than folding a fitted sheet! It's time to use the stuff you have in your stash (new and/or old).

You can stop here... 

OR, you may want to include Twisted Sister's Optional Twist below "Size It Up or Size It Down" to earn additional chances at our random draw.






THING 3:  Twisted Sister
says, "Size it up or size it down! This is the perfect chance to try something besides your standard A2 (4.25" x 5.5") card. Make your card round, make it square, make it slimline, make it shaped, just don't make a standard size A2 card.  Don't keep us guessing... include in your post what size or shape you used.  

"February 4th is 'Thank Your Mailman Day' ... let's not forget to thank your mail carriers... after all, we have left them with sized up, sized down, and shaped cards to deliver. 

This is an OPTIONAL TWIST but you will be awarded an additional chance in Double Trouble's random draw if you include this twist in your project.  


THING 2:  Double Dare 
says, "I dare you to multiply the fun by linking your project with any previous partner(s) listed below. You will qualify for extra chances in our Random Draw." 

"Make sure you read their guidelines carefully and observe their dates. We don't want you to get into trouble."

This means each time you link to a previous partner with the same card, you gain an additional chance. Please identify each of them in your own blog post along with our Double Trouble link. .














A co-worker reached out and asked if I could make a Barbie birthday card for her Grandchild's 3rd birthday.  I said "Sure!"  Here is what I made...teaming up with Cupcake Inspirations (previous sponsor)

For my card I used a Barbie image, banner, flowers, ribbon, I created the frame using glitter paper, used my Cricut to create the musical note edge trim and the #3.




Thanks for looking!

Cupcake Inspirations (up to 3 entries) –  

 A Place To Start - ATG

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog (5 entries)– ATG w/Sentiment

Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) –  ATG

Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) –  ALWAYS anything goes  

C.R.A.F.T challenge (up to 2 entries) – atg

QKR Stampede (enter up to 3 times) –  Always Anything Goes  

PolkadoodlesCrafting Challenge – atg  

Cards 4 Galz (enter up to 3 times) – Make it Sparkle

ColorMy Heart Color Dare –  

Creations In Pink (up to 3 entries per month) – ATG in Mainly Pink


14 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Great kid's birthday card - so much colour and fun. Thanks for joining Double Trouble as the guest designer for January :)

Sioban said...

My granddaughter would love this!

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mary

Nelly said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x

MortiCraft said...

Lots of lovely and shiny toppers to your card which I’m sure the 3 year old recipient loved! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I am so sure they will be very happy with the card you made, love the Barbie images and love all the embellishments you added to your square card. Karen thanks for being our January Guest Designer.

Nora Noll said...

HOW CUTE!! I am a Barbie lover myself and would love this!! (Though I am an adult collector!!!)FABULOUS design!! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
CIC DT Member

Lynn Dawson said...

Absolutely love this so much, thank you for sharing your amazing work xx

Sweta said...

Cute card! Thank-you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Sweta
CIC DT Sweetie

Dawn Phillips said...

That's sure to be a hit with any little girl. Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Chana Malkah said...

Super nice card for a teen!

Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

Michelle said...

She's going to love it! Great job. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Lynda said...

So cute - very girlie and glittery. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Vandra said...

Great kids birthday card with all that bling and glitter, shimmer and shine. Thank you for sharing with us at Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.