Sunday, July 6, 2014

Marvelous Darling

Last night I starting thinking it would be interesting to try to make a dresser card that had a "shelf" and mirror.  I managed to make one today.  My main mistake was that I added the flower pot.  It unfortunately makes it so that I can not close my card.  Oops!  But, I love how it turned out otherwise.   I will give you all of the measurements so that you can try this too, if you would like...  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.



Here is the card:


Instruction to make this:

Start with a 3 x 11-1/2 inch piece of card stock.
Score lines are at 3", 4, 6-1/2
Drawers measure 2-3/4" x 3/4"
I added a strip across the top above the drawers before the "shelf" that measures 3" x 1/4"
I added a strip of DP on the shelf that is the exact measurement of the shelf itself 3" x 1"
As for the sentiment, I used a die to cut it out that would add some flare.  I used a tag punch to make the "legs".
Just so you know, this doesn't close evenly (when you close it to put into an envelope), the front will be smaller than the back - the purpose of this is so that the shelf can lay flat, not at an angle.
I used some foil for the "mirror" (my 14 yr old's suggestion).

One last bit of information...You can make a 3 x 7 envelope for this fold of card using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board (or the one from Stampin Up).

Hope to see more of these around!!  If you make one, I'd love to receive the link to see how you did it!  :)

Thanks for looking!


Dream Valley Challenges Inspired by a movie, song or book (Frank Sinatra's Too Marvelous For Words)
613 Avenue Create (UP TO 3 ENTRIES)– anything goes/ optional challenge
Pile It On – add some flowers
Scribble & Scrap Blog & Challenge (UP TO 3 ENTRIES)– Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant – anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown – anything goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog  add a sentiment
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries)uplifting
Nutcrafters (one entry per challenge) – anything BUT square
Sassy Studio Designs – Easel cards
Just Keep On Creating – Anything Goes                      
 


9 comments:

Lexie said...

Fabulous. Great idea and really effective. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Debbie said...

Wow what an amazing creation.love it.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

rachel taylor said...

lovely shape card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That is AWESOME! Love your clever creation and the plant pot gives it a lovely finish, even if you can't close the card. LOL. Great choice of song, perfect for this card. I love a bit of Frank! ;) Thanks for joining in our 'Inspired by a Song, Movie, Book' Challenge at Dream Valley. I'm so glad you joined in with your fantastic creation. Join us again soon and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Wends x Dream Valley DT

Karen Letchworth said...

This is fabulous! SO creative, and I just had to become your newest blog follower. I hope you will stop by and become my new blog follower as well. You can find my blog here:
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your amazing art in our challenge this week. Please join us again soon,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. Thanks again (in advance)for also stopping by my blog to follow my blog....I look forward to it! Karen

Kim Kelley said...

Love it Karen! So creative and adorable rolled into one! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

MagsB said...

What a fabulous card, so unusual! I love it! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Ema M said...

This is super! Thanks for the deets on how to recreate your project! I love it and may give it a try. I'll be sure to link back to your blog if I do. xx

suzARTe said...

This is absolutely incredible, love how this has come together, looks fantastic.
Thanks so much for sharing your card at Just keep on Creating July Anything goes link-up