Monday, May 29, 2017

Graduation/Inspirational Cards

Last week I won over at Cute Card Thursday.  I got to pick two images from All Dressed Up.  I didn't realize that with one of these images it was actually and truly four images.  I chose "Wear With Style" as one of my picks.  I colored all four images but only used two so far.

Due to the fact that when I sit down to make a card I have absolutely no clue what I'm going to do, it is just easier to color all of them then go for it.  I decided to make at least one of these my daughter's graduation card (the blue one).  The other could be used as a graduation card as well, but both are most certainly uplifting and inspirational sentiments.

For the green and orange card I used a kraft paper card base and used scrap papers that I had laying on my desk (this is a common thing for me to just grab papers from off of my messy work space and use it on the project I'm working on).  I used my new tag die set for both cards.  First I used an embossing folder, then cut the tag out.  I used my buttfly thinlette from Stampin Up for the butterflies.  As for the funky background...I used some copper and some silver glitter mist spray, then used some fun glittery dobber paints (they smell like fruits).  I added a scrap string of pearls, some flowers, some gems and a bow.  Isn't it funny that when we make things and look at the finished project we wish we would've done something else?  In this case, I wish I'd used an embossing folder on the orange layer...Oh well, I still like how it turned out.  :)



For the blue card I used two of the tag dies from my new set, a small brown 'lace' doily, more of the butterflies, gems, hemp twine, string pearls, flowers and the fun DP is from a pad set called Lost & Found from My Mind's Eye.  For both cards I added the girls using pop dots.



Thanks for looking!
The Ribbon Girl Blog –  Use any image any type of card
Glitter n Sparkle  (up to 3 entries) anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends (up to 3 entries) – anything goes
Through The Craftroom Door  (2 entries max) –  Anything Goes  
Die Cuttin' D ivas (up to 3 entries) – tell what die cut you used – Graduation
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge blog (1 entry per person) – Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown – Anything Goes
A Snowflakes Promise (doesn’t have to be winter) –  Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter (enter up to 3 times, one must use a TPS image) –  Lace & Pearls
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) anything goes   
Create and Inspire  (Up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes optional/add some flowers
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie (up to 5 entries) – cookie photo -
Crimbo Crackers (must be Christmas related)–  Anything Goes
Simply Create Too (enter up to 3 times) –  Must use a digi
Allsorts Challenge Blog (max of 3 entries) – Vintage
CropStop Blog – (UP TO 5 ENTRIES, say what you used that is from their store) anything goes
Great Impressions (up to 3 entries per month) –  Feminine

19 comments:

CA Scrapper said...

Those cards are so pretty! Love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW your cards are so cute. Great coloring. Love them both. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

beatriz blazquez arrabal said...

Lovely card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz DT

Gerda said...

Both cards are so adorable!! Love the pretty girl images and the pretty colors!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

cecilia gunnarsson said...

So wonderful creation s ! It's just gorgeous!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD
Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to visit my blog}

Esther said...

Such cute cards!
Thanks for joining DCD's this week!

brenda said...

An really pretty creation for our Vintage theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Wendy L said...

Fab card, thanks for joining us at Moving Along With The Times xxx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Your cards are just lovely. Thanks for playing along with out Anything Goes Challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again. Good Luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts Vintage Challenge;-))m

Sandy said...

Fun cards. I like how you incorporated the tags into the cards. Thank you for joining in at If You Give a Cjrafter a Coolie. Sandy/DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Moving Along with the Times, it fits perfectly with our ‘Graduation’ Challenge theme. Your daughter will love it. Hope you can join us again.
Diane Louise (DT member) xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Congrats on your win. Both cards are gorgeous. Your daughter will love that card and it is perfect for a graduation card.

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Moving along with the Times.
~DT Janis

Carole said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our Graducation Challenge @ MAWTT this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Esther Asbury said...

Great cards for a graduation! Thanks for joining us on the Cropstop blog!

Suze said...

I love both of these cards - particularly the message they send. Thanks for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.