Friday, April 21, 2017

Sorry Fur Your Loss

One of my old co-workers has to put her dog down next week, this card was made for her.  I'm not 100% in love with it, mostly because of the colors.  I like red and black, but I'm not sure if this is fitting for a sympathy card or not...  Opinions?  Maybe if I go with more of a pastel instead of red?

Pretty much this entire card was made using dies and/or punches.  The fold was cut using a die, the circles were cut using dies, the dog is a die, the paw print edge is a punch.  I also used a paw print embossing folder.  The only accessory added was the bow on the dogs neck and the bow on the card itself.  I drew the stitching around the two circles using a black gel pen.



Thanks for looking!
The Ribbon Girl Blog –  Use any image
Pile It On – (winners announced on Wednesdays) – interactive
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) anything goes   
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie (up to 5 entries) – cookie photo
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog –  use a die cut

A Gem of A Challenge – Ribbon and/or Lace

6 comments:

Carole said...

It's a lovely card, Karen! Great fold and perfect dies and punches.
Thanks for sharing your work at If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge #67. Good Luck!
Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)


Donna said...

Such a gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us for The Ribbon Girl April Anything Goes - Any Image challenge and I hope to see you next time.
Good luck!
Hugs, Donna xx

tampatha said...

It is a really striking card and I do like the black and red together! Love the little paw print punch and the embossed background! Cute little doggie! I love that you did it all with punches and dies! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge blog this week and I hope you will play along with us again!
Tammy - DT

Christine said...

So cute lovely thoughtful gesture..nice take on the Ribbon/Lace chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us @ AGOAC this time.

smiles Christine xx

Jonnece Putu said...

Stunning card, the colours are great. Thanks for joining us at 'If you give a crafter a cookie'. Jonnece DT

Helen said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x