Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Often Imitated never duplicated

One of my co-worker's mom is coming to town this month and he thought it would be nice to giver her a card letting her know how happy he is to see her!  So, he asked me if I would make a card all "frou-frou-y" like some of my others.  LOL  He was thinking red or yellow and he mentioned scissors (his mom was a hair dresser and still loves cutting hair), he mentioned the pearls...Okay, so I got the idea and went with it. 
I didn't have a scissor die, so (oh darn...lol) I had to pull out the new Silhouette Cameo I got yesterday...LOL  I created a pair of scissors from a picture I found and cut it out using some gold glitter cardstock.  I then went with the bow boarders, also cut using the Cameo.  I then layered the three cuts on top of each other.
***I must make a confession...the flowers...well...these came off of a Halloween card I'd made a few years ago that was damaged in storage...Why not?  Right?  Recycle!!  I tore them off the card (all in one with the tulle behind them) and just placed them onto the card.  I added the red roses...I also added a stick pin I made.  The sentiment (the first two lines of it) is from Create With TLC.





Thanks for looking!

The Ribbon Girl Blog   anything goes
Crafting From The Heart  (up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Creative Card Crew (Up to 3 times)– anything goes
Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenges THREE or more layers
Create and Inspire  (Up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner (up to 2 entries) – Celebrate Mom (his mom)
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Cute Card Thursday    Secrets (a hidden something)***
Silhouette Challenges (must use the Silhouette on the project) – anything goes
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – anything goes

9 comments:

Vicki Milyard said...

Cute, cute, cute I'm sure she will love this. Anyone who is a hair dresser would, I could see it going up on a wall or shelf as decoration. I would :0)
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card crews anything goes challenge. Vicki

Jeanie Ellis said...

Oh my! I love this card!! So many textures into it. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner this week!

Lena's Creations said...

What a wonderful card. I'm sure that his mom will love it. So many details and textures. Beautiful colours too!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena, DT
Lena’s Creations

Pat K said...

Beautiful card with so many lovely layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

Susan

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Karen that's gorgeous. Love the image and the strong colours, delish! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Fab 'n' Funky for our '3+ Layers' challenge. Hope we'll see you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

HeatherB said...

Wow, what a work of art! I hope she liked it. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge blog! - HeatherB

Sonja Bakonyi said...

Great card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Silhouette Challenges!
Happy Crafting, Sonja
♥ Sugar Beans Cards ♥

Sue from Oregon said...

Those glittery scissors are the perfect touch!
Thanks so much for sharing with us in our May Shilouette Challenge Showcase.

♥ Sue Kment