Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Good Night using the Split Negative Effect

One fun thing you can do with digital images is a "Split Negative effect".  This is the first time I have tried it.  It was actually quite simple.  I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition Editor.  I'm not 100% certain this works the same for all computer photo editor programs or not...  But here is how I did it...

1.  I started with a black and white Jpeg image
2.  I cropped it to the size I wanted it to be
3.  I copied it then pasted a second one
4.  Under my "Effects" tab I chose "negative" (this is what switched the black to white and the white to black)
5.  I then cropped one of them in half, copied it and pasted it over the other one so it lined up just right.'
6.  I added black font over the white half and white font over the black half for the sentiment.
7.  I added a black backing behind the white half and a white backing behind the black half.
8.  I then printed it out and decorated as desired.

For this card I used an image from Cre8tive Hands' Monthly digi club (only $5 a month and you get a minimum of 30 images, some pre-colored.).


Thanks for looking!  I hope I was able to teach you a new "easy" technique :) 

The Ribbon Girl Blog   use ANY image
Little Red Wagon – text (some sort of text on your project)
The Paper Shelter (enter up to 3 times, one must use a TPS image) – Boys/men
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog (5 entries)– anything goes
Inky Impressions Challenges (up to 3 entries) – all about the boys
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – anything goes
Crafting With Dragonflies (one entry)– Masculine
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin Challenge – always anything goes w/a twist – Male

4 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely idea for a layout. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 126 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, very effective, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde