Sunday, April 10, 2016

Friends and new release

I know I already posted a card today using this fun image from the new Cute As A Button release.  But, I wanted to pull it out and play with it again after seeing those pocket "cards"...Since they (in my way of thinking) are not actually cards, but scrap book pages, I wanted to try to replicate it and make a card similar...  So, I sat down and figured out what sizes to make the 9 squares and what to do with them.  I kept with the black, red and white color scheme (like my last card using this image).  I originally colored this image using a #2 pencil and a gel pen.  I then scanned it into my computer and saved it so I don't need to color it ever again, unless I want to make it another color. 

Have I mentioned I really do not like coloring?  LOL

The three sentiments are all from Create With TLC.  I added several gems, heart shaped gems even, and a bow.  Other than that, it was pretty easy to make!  I did go around all of the nine rectangles using a black ink pad.

Here is the measurements on how to make this card:
Here is my card:

Thanks for looking!

The Ribbon Girl Blog   ANYTHING GOES
Dream Valley Challenges (enter up to 10 challenges) –  girlie  
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Cute Card Thursday    something shiny
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – anything goes
A Gem of A Challenge – Don’t be A Square
Crazy 4 Challenges – Use a new (to you) technique

4 comments:

Claudia Rogier said...

Cute Card. Thanks for joining us at BSC
hugs
Claudia
DT Brown Sugar Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Michelle said...

Cute this card. And lots of work making it.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration destination.
Good luck, Michelle (DT)

Kelly Lloyd said...

Thanks for playing along at a gem of a challenge
Hugs Kelly

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing with us at Cute Card Thursday.

Helen x