Friday, March 25, 2016

Let Me Call You Sweet Carp

I saw this fun idea over on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts today.  Thought it was so cute I wanted to try it out.  I wanted to play with a mermaid and do some kind of water scene, so this is what I did.  I found Mermaid Samantha in my digital collection and printer her out.  Nice thing about pre-colored images, when you come up with an idea to try, you don't need to spend the time coloring...wait!  Some of you actually LOVE coloring, I just enjoy it on occasion.  LOL  Sort of like last night when I colored all of the new images for next weekend's blog hop...hint hint...LOL

I grabbed some fun two sided whale paper (the solid blue is the other side) and some fun scraps in my scrap drawer.  I used a round die to cut the center circle, then placed the while side on the bottom part and the blue side I added 3d dots and added over it.   I fussy cut what I needed of this adorable image and added a sentiment from Create With TLC.  The glitter gel pen 'faux' stitching, gems and bow finished off the card.


Thanks for looking!

Just Keep On Creating – always anything goes, enter as many times as you like
Digital Delights Monthly Challenge (one entry ) – anything goes
Seize The Birthday (up to 3 entries) – anything birthday – Water
Cute Card Thursday    Use a die
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Create and Inspire  (Up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog (5 entries)– BINGO + A SENTIMENT- ribbon, faux stitching, die cut
Tuesday Throwdown – Color challenge
Crafting From The Heart  (up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges (up to 3 entries) – ALWAYS anything goes
Pile It On – (winners announced on Wednesdays) – stitching
The Ribbon Girl Blog   any image
613 Avenue Create (UP TO 3 ENTRIES)– anything goes/ optional challenge – use a bird

9 comments:

Tina said...

beautiful, I love these two colors together ..thanks for sharing at pile it on

Tina
dt

Sue Reynolds said...

Love the layering of your different frames, and adorable image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Natalie said...

such a wonderful card! Love your colors!
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Happy Easter!
Natalie
INKognito

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, great image and I love the paper, so cute.
Thank you for joining in this weeks CCT challenge

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute - love the whale dp too! Thanks for joining in at STB!

Nicole Diedrichs said...

This is such a cute mermaid card. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

OttawaMom said...

Seriously cute mermaid and great layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lori T said...

Such a sweet mermaid card, thank you for joining us at Digital Delights hugs Lori x