Sunday, March 13, 2016

Holy Carp!

I pulled out some of my clear acrylic stamp sets the other night and decided to play with a few of the Skipping Stones Designs sets.  So...my last post this post and my next post are all using sets that are, by the way, still available in their shop!

This card is a simple shadow box made using the Holy Carp set.  I used three of the sentiments, and three of the images.  I utilized several dies and punches as well.  To finish off the card front I added a hemp/twine bow and a fun button with an anchor on it.  I colored all the images using chalk, ink and glitter gel pens.

I made the background paper while trying a new technique that came to mind after playing with some fun powder that was sent to me called Color Burst concentrated powder.  In this case I used chalk and water to make this background paper (the one the fish is on).  I made this by spraying water onto a plain white piece of cardstock then with a pair of scissors scraping some chalk onto it then spraying more water over that so it would spread better, then drying the paper with my heating tool..  It works!  I then coated it with some glimmer mist.  Fun!




Thanks for looking!

Sweet Stamps (enter as many times as you like) – anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown – Create a scene
Little Red Wagon – Mainly Manly
Crafting For All Seasons – add some sparkle
Sisterhood Of Crafters (no more than 3 entries) –  dies and/or punches
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 (include sketch and comment)– sketch 
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Seize The Birthday (up to 3 entries) – anything birthday- the great divide
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – anything goes
CropStop Blog – (UP TO 5 ENTRIES) Anything Goes
Digital Delights Monthly Challenge (one entry ) – anything goes
Just Keep On Creating – always anything goes, enter as many times as you like

13 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG Karen ... what a fun creation! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun masculine card! Love the sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Heide said...

What a fun masculine card, great image and a crack me up saying! Love the sparkle on the Carp. Thanks for joining us. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

JanR said...

Great card! Such a fun design. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great card! I love the sentiment :). Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

Joanna Moore said...

Oh my, you made me giggle with your sentiment! Such a great card. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 sketch challenge blog.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Vickie Y said...

What a fun card! Love the bright colors and the image and sentiment are a hoot! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a fun male birthday card! Thanks for joining us at SSW2!
Judi

Sarah said...

What a great card! I love that sentiment! Great shadowbox! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Deanna Mulder said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.


Deanna
2 Creative Chicks DT

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome masculine card, love the sentiment. Thank you for joining in our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Nana said...

Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

suzARTe said...

Love this card and the sentiment is great. Such a bright, cheerful and cheeky card.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes March link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx