Thursday, March 31, 2016

A Chef's 60th Birthday

A co-worker came up to me today asking if I had a birthday card that would work for a guy's 60th birthday (her brother), she then went through all of my cards (I have two drawers full at work) and as she was looking she told me he was a chef at some fancy restaurant.  I instantly thought of this fun guy (Trattoria Chef) from The Paper Shelter.  I don't think I have ever used him...but I recalled how cute he was and that is was 'sketti' he had on the fork (my Mom's favorite food).  So, I told her I would make one specifically for him.  I pulled out some papers, dies, gems, burlap, a button, a scrap of ribbon, and some Ranger vintage Stickles.  I wasn't going  to put the 60 on it, but then decided it would be fun, so I changed my mind and did it!  He she likes it and even more importantly, I hope he does!





Thanks for looking!

613 Avenue Create (UP TO 3 ENTRIES)– anything goes/ optional challenge – anything goes
Sweet Stamps (enter as many times as you like) – anything goes
The Paper Shelter (enter up to 3 times, one must use a TPS image) – buttons
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog (5 entries)– Birthday
Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) –  Anything Goes
Crafting For All Seasons – USE DIE CUTS/PUNCHES
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) anything goes
Create and Inspire  (Up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner (up to 2 entries) – Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks anything goes
Simply Create Too (enter up to 3 times) –  funny
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – anything goes
Just Keep On Creating – always anything goes, enter as many times as you like

13 comments:

Imagine That! Digis by Kris said...

Hi Karen! Oh goodness, this is the cutest li'l chef - the meatball's as big as his head!! LOL Fun birthday card. I think you prolly meant to link this up to our BIRTHDAY monthly challenge at Imagine That? Instead you entered our FB Design Team call linky :) Or was that what you intended?? Just making sure. Thanks for sharing! So glad to "meet" you!! xKris (owner, Imagine That! digis by Kris)

Nana said...

Too darn cute. My sister is a chef and would love this card.
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

Carole Robb Bisson said...

A really fun birthday card for a chef. Thank you so much for entering your creative and beautiful art in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole
DT Member

Veronique Baadjou said...

Exellent card! Great image and design!
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons
Veronique DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Fab image - great masculine card!
Thank you for sharing with Create and Inspire!
Susan
DT for Create and Inspire!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Sheryl said...

This is perfect for the guy! I love what you've done with this image.
Glad you dropped it onto the front porch a 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Jennifer Scull said...

your card will be perfect for the chef's birthday! I just love it!

Thank you for joining our 'Birthday Sentiment or the Number 6' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

Jingle said...

Adorable card! Super fun! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lilibet said...

I love this image! Wow so many challenges! Good luck your card is fab. Thanks for playing at the paper shelter x

Rae Ann said...

Such a jolly fellow! Perfect for a birthday card. Love the texture from the burlap and the glitter on the spaghetti and his buttons.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Engelchen said...

Very nice. Love this card :) Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Destination.
Greetings Geesje DT

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Absolutely lovely Karen, I adore this fun image!! Great work. Thanks so much for joining our Buttons challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

Billie A said...

Funny cute card. so glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.