Monday, February 15, 2016

Shoot For an Eagle

This fortnight over at Incy Wincy Designs the challenge theme is 'Personalize it!'.  This is one of my least favorite...'Personalize it'!  Ugh!  I don't like putting people's names on my cards for a couple of reasons...First, I never seem to get them in the mail if it is for someone I have to mail a card to.  Second, I like my cards to be 're-gift-able' meaning, I usually will write my message on a sticky note or piece of scrap paper and put it into the card itself so that the receiver of the card can give it to someone else...a card and a gift in one!
We are being sponsored by Fabrika Fantasy.  I used this fun pre-colored image called 'Champion Eagle'.  I created the sentiment using a quote from Peter Scott (my personalization) to go with the image.  I added some ribbon and DP and called it good enough.  I actually really like how clean but  nice this turned out!


Here is the sentiment for you to enjoy:



Thanks for looking!

The Ribbon Girl Blog   anything goes (as long as it is a card)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends (up to 3 entries) – anything goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges (up to 3 entries) – ALWAYS anything goes  
Crafting From The Heart  (up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges  ANYTHING GOES
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge (up to 5 entries) – animals only
Moving Along With The Times – things w/ wings
Pals Paper Arts – Colors
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – Anything Goes
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin Challenge – always anything goes w/a twist – sentiment
Just Keep On Creating – always anything goes, enter as many times as you like

13 comments:

Basslady said...

a very cool card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Katy McGloin said...

Do I detect Peach Parfait? I loved that color and still have it in my stash. Sweet card, Karen! It is my first introduction to pre-colored digital files. Interesting concept. My fave detail is your quote from Peter Scott! Thanks so much for including my color combination with the PPA in your cardmaking fun this week. Hope you will return to play with the PPA again!

Wild West Paper Arts said...

Great combination of sentiment and focus image. Way to go grabbing a pre-colored image to speed things up. Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week for Color Challenge PPA287! Hope to see you next week!

Windy Ellard said...

Great card...my brother and dad would love this as they are big golfers. Thanks for playing along with the Pals color challenge this week!

Brian King said...

Such a fun card! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge.

Nana said...

Cute and fun card. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Michelle said...

Great this sentiment. And of course it fits fantastic to the image.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck, Michelle (DT)

Gina Knott said...

This is a great card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

jean said...

Oh I love this card, male cards are so hard to make. Just love everything about it the colour really caught my eye xxxx

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Fabulous card Karen. Such a fun card! Love that DP and thanks for the sentiment.

Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again for the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Dmitry L said...

Very nice and bright card for men! Thank you, Karen!

Heart Broken Designs said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! Rina, DT Member

Aurora Aurelia said...

What a fun card for male.. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #27.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. And good luck at the draw.. <3

hugs,
~RoRa