Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year

This has been one heck of a ride this year.  I'm looking forward to better things in 2016!  How was your year?

I actually get to start my year off with Jury Duty, apparently it has gone from a week to just over a month long service.  I have been given the term from Jan 11 to Feb 19th.  Not exactly how I wanted to start my year off.  LOL

Tonight, New Years Eve, I'm going to a party with my boyfriend.  It is his friends, I know the couple throwing the party, however, just in passing.  I don't think I know any of the other guests.  I told him last night "Yay!  I get to make new friends!"  I meant it sincerely!  Now, THAT is a good way to start the new year!

I decided I would make a card for the host and hostess of tonight's shindig.  I used a new die set I got for Christmas (from myself) "Home and Hearth" by Stampin' Up!.  The silhouette image is from Create With TLC's set called From All Of Us.  I added the image over a fireworks image.  I then added a black bow.  Clean and simple, but fun!



I would like to wish you a very happy and productive 2016!  May this be a better year for us all!

Thanks for looking!

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends (up to 3 entries) – anything goes
The Crazy Challenge (up to 4 entries) –Celebrations
Crafting From The Heart  (up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes  
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge blog (1 entry per person) Happy New Year
Creative Card Crew (Up to 3 times)– anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown – anything goes
Tuesday Morning Sketches -  sketch  - anything goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog  Anything Goes
Paper Take Weekly (no more than 5 entries) – anything goes
Little Red Wagon – Happy New Year
The Paper Shelter (enter up to 3 times, one must use a TPS image) – Anything Goes
Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) –  Party
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) anything goes
Create and Inspire  (Up to 3 entries)– always anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner (up to 2 entries) – anything goes
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Cute Card Thursday – anything goes
C.R.A.F.T challenge (up to 5 entries)-   Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks – Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Blog (max of 3 entries) Anything BUT Christmas
2 Creative Chicks (enter as many times as you wish) – Anything Goes
CropStop Blog – (UP TO 5 ENTRIES) Anything Goes


11 comments:

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy

Carole Robb Bisson said...

A very thoughtful gift Karen. Thank-you for the good wishes. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 216th- FF AG challenge! Praying you will have a Blessed, Prosperous, Peaceful and Creative 2016, Carole

Lin said...

A great card for the occasion, Karen - love that background! Enjoy your evening tonight, and thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Donna said...

Cute card! Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at Little Red Wagon! Donna (DT)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Karen! Your card is super fun. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and please know how incredibly blessed and grateful I am to have you share your talents with us by playing along in our challenges. Have a blessed week, a wonderful 2016, and please stop by again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great card! I love the background. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Good luck!!! Patricia.

Tamie said...

This is super, super cool. I am loving the dies you used for the window. Great celebration card. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Debbie said...

Great card! I love that window die! (I got myself some crafting goodies for Christmas, too! :) )
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Rae Ann said...

Love the layered image in the window! It adds so much depth. That paper is so bright, cheerful and fun! I am sure she will love the card.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes Blogiversary challenge.

laurigami said...

Great card. Thank you so for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs laurigami

Joey said...

Hi Karen, this is gorgeous, I love the design with the window. Jo x