Monday, November 2, 2015

Faery Ink GDT Application

Faery Ink is having a short term GDT call.   In the years that I've been making cards I've found that there are certain images that simply inspire greatness.  I've played with many different images in all of these years and I can honestly say, some make it near impossible to make something pretty.  I've only recently come across Faery Ink images.  I'm not sure how I found them.  Maybe they sponsored a DT I'm on or a hop I hopped?  Maybe I have a crafty DT friend who is on the team?  Maybe I won a challenge they sponsored?  Regardless of how I found them, I'm glad I did!  I love these big eyed images.

Before I show my makes I'm going to go through their questionnaire.

  1. How did you find Faery Ink?  see my paragraph above.
  2. What are your top 3 favorite Faery Ink images? How does one only pick three?  I don't own very many images; being a single mom, I can barely afford paper...  I tried to find the images I used in the shop, and they aren't there...Now I'm wondering where I got them!?! Why? (please include the URL to the images in the Faery Ink shop)
  3. How many projects have you made from Faery Ink images? 8
  4. What kind of projects do you like to make from Faery Ink images?  CARDS (cards, art journals, boxes, candles, art for your personal use etc…)
  5. How many design teams are you currently on?  2-1/2 - Been a GDT on Sassy Studio Design's team
  6. How many projects do you need to complete each month in order to satisfy your obligations to your other design teams? A lot less than I actually make...  LOL
  7. Would you be open to a long term spot on the team?  Depends on how well it goes on the short term GDT trial period.
  8. Is there any month between December 2015 and November 2016 that you will be unavailable to be a guest designer?  Nope, I'm a broke single mom of a teenager with no true obligations away from home other then my full-time job.  Summers tend to be busier with weddings (I'm an ordained minister and perform weddings).
  9. Are you familiar with the WordPress blogging platform?  Yes, my first blog was Wordpress
  10. How often do you post on Facebook?  According to my kids...I love on there.
  11. Do you participate in groups on Facebook?  Yes
  12. What other social media platforms are you active on?  Pretty much my blog and Facebook. (Please provide links to your profile at each)
  13. Is there anything you would like to add?  Let's get this party started!
 
 
 Now let's get on to the two cards I made for this GDT call!  As I mentioned above, I didn't find either of the images used in the shop.  :(  Sorry I can't share the links so you can get your hands on them!

Card #1:
I love this sweet mermaid image!  I colored her using chalk and ink.  The eyes and lips were colored using  glitter gel pens.  I added stickles on the fin and on her 'shells'.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I used papers from atd Vibrant.  I pierced the paper around the image and sentiment.I added some feathers, a stemen, rose buds, a rose a shell, some pearls and some string pearls.




Card #2:
This card is using papers from DCWV called Nana's Kitchen Stack.  I made the stick pins used on the front of the card.  I cut the image out using a die then sponged around it.  The image was colored using chalk, ink and glitter gel pen.  I added some hearts to the mugs on the paper so it would blend better with the mug in her hand.  I went around the card with string pearls and added some lace on the bottom on the mug strip.  I also cut out two mugs, one was used on the front and one inside with the sentiment.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC. I added some green gems inside along with a strip of glitter foam.





Thank you so much for looking and for your consideration! 

I will enter card #1 HERE:

Glitter n Sparkle  (up to 3 entries) anything goes
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog (up to 3 entries) – Fairy Tale
Cute Card Thursday – Sparkles




I will enter card #2 HERE:
The Ribbon Girl Blog   anything goes
Pile It On – (winners announced on Wednesdays) – anything but a square/rectangle
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends (up to 3 entries) – Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges (up to 3 entries) – ALWAYS anything goes
Sweet Stamps (enter as many times as you like) – anything goes
Crafting From The Heart  (up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
Creative Card Crew (Up to 3 times)– Off The Edge
Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) –  anything goes
Crafting For All Seasons – All dressed up/girly
Crafty Gals Corner (up to 2 entries) – Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
C.R.A.F.T challenge (up to 5 entries)-   shaped card (no square or rectangle)
4 Crafty Chicks – Anything Goes
Wags'n'Whiskers – Not a square

16 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. The mermaid was a freebie on the Fairy Ink Facebook group. The girl with the coffee cup was a freebie when you sign up for the newsletter.
Good luck. Best wishes.

suzARTe said...

Best of luck with your DT application, your cards are gorgeous. Just letting you know that you are one of the featured artists from the October link-up at Just keep on creating :)

Natasja's Kaarten said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Lacy Sunshine challenge blog.

Natasja
DT Lacy Sunshine

Natasja's Kaarten said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Lacy Sunshine challenge blog.

Natasja
DT Lacy Sunshine

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable cards! Such sweet images!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining the challenge at
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk. Good luck x

Lo Scatolone di Dodò said...

Nice card, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week!
Good luck!
Giada DT

Helen Haines said...

Lovely cards all so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons. Helen DT

Rae Ann said...

Such adorable cards. Love the colors you chose and the string of pearls on the mermaid card was a great idea. Love the coffee papers on the second one. So much sparkle and shimmer!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Leanne said...

Great easel card, love the stamp and the details. the flowers and pin are awesome. Great job. Thanks for playing our ATG/Crazy Egg Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Hugs,
Leanne DT/4CC

Creaine said...

nice work!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good luck.
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

Leanne said...

Great colors and the image is so cute, great easel card and the heart rhinestones are awesome. Thanks for playing our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Cheers,
Leanne DT/LPCF

Myriam said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Hugs Myriam DT

flossbite said...

Lovely cards, good luck with your DT application! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine...hope to see you again.
Hugs
Fiona DT x

Rae Ann said...

Love all of the embellishments on the mermaid card. Such delicate rose buds! The glitter and sparkle on the second card is awesome. Love the coffee theme!

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

This is a wonderful creation and perfect for our 21st ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}