Saturday, September 26, 2015

60th Birthday Celebration

Next month is not only my birthday, but my boss' birthday as well.  Every month at work we have a birthday potluck to celebrate the birthdays for the month for those of us who work IN the office (not from home).  We collect money, I make everyone (in the office) a special card that fits them.  The 50 transcriptionists that work from home always get a birthday card I've made as well, just not one I've made specifically for them.  So, of all of the birthday cards I make every year only 62 of them are given to my co-workers.  Do you make at least 62 birthday cards a year?  LOL  This month is my Boss' 60th birthday.  One of my co-workers who busts her buns to make every potluck fantastic wanted to do red and black.  So, here is what I made for her.  Not using anyone's stamps...just paper and my own sentiment.  I added rose buds, twine, ribbon, lace and gems.  I used an embossing folder on the top half (the red cardstock).


Thanks for looking!  Leave me a comment and let me know how many birthday cards you make each year...I'm curious just how crazy I am making so many...

Glitter n Sparkle  (up to 3 entries) punched goodies or edges etc and lots of die cut edges shapes etc
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends (up to 3 entries) – anything goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges (up to 3 entries) – ALWAYS anything goes
Crafting From The Heart  (up to 3 entries)– ALWAYS anything goes
The Paper Shelter (enter up to 3 times, one must use a TPS image) – Birthday card w/sentiment
Crafting For All Seasons – Layer It Up
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) anything goes
Scrapper’s Delights Challenge Blog (up to 2 entries) – Celebrating Janice’s Birthday
Create and Inspire  (Up to 3 entries)– always anything goes
Inspiration Destination (enter as many times as you like) – always anything goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge (up to 5 entries) – Lace
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges (Up to 3 entries) – celebration – their 100th challenge
Allsorts Challenge Blog (max of 3 entries) Numbers

10 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is so elegant and pretty
Your creations are gorgeous .So glad I found you while blog hopping
Would love to have you drop in for a visit
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

AnyOldCraft said...

Such a beautiful card.
I probable make around 30-40 cards but not always to give away lol
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
AnyOldCraft

Kathleen said...

A really lovely card, love the black and red and a gorgeous embossing folder.
Thanks for joining in our numbers challenge at Allsorts this week.

Kath x

carol said...

OOH Fabulous card, thanks for sharing our wonderful creation with us at
CRAFTY RIBBONS, hope you can play again soon. x Carol

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Karen thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne x
IDCB DT

Kandy's Krafts said...

Gorgeous card. Loving the colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart challenge.

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful card Karen. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

Pat K said...

Beautiful birthday card. Love the roses. Thanks for playing along with us at TPS. hugs, Pat K x

Bonnie Taylor said...

Your birthday card is so elegant. I love the colors you used. Thank you for joining us at CC & CC. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

cebelica said...

I really like red and black colour combination. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! xx