Monday, August 24, 2015

Thankful For You

I won top three over at Zuri Artsy Craftsy last week so got to pick one free image from her Etsy Shop.  I picked Wendy.  The 'today I am thankful for...' sentiment is from the Create With TLC set called Giving Thanks 2 Word Art Set.  The YOU is my own.  With the start of the new school year for my daughter and her starting up at a new school, I've been feeling very thankful for the special education system.  Her new Caseworker is wonderful!  I see people who show kindness so seldom it seems that when I actually do see it, I just want to repay it to them 10 fold!

I colored Wendy using chalks and for the skin tone I used ink.  The pumpkin was colored with gel pen then covered with Glossy Accents.  I added some black ribbon and black gems.  I did a triple slider card after being inspired by Dawn's card on Youtube - you can find it HERE.  I love that she gives all of the measurements to everything in writing on the video!



Thanks for looking!

Craft Your Passion Challenges (up to 3 entries) – anything goes
Paper Take Weekly (no more than 5 entries) –  to DIE for (the circle on the top)
Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges  die cuts or punches (the circle on the top)
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries) anything goes
Create and Inspire – anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks – distressing (the black paper)
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges (Up to 3 entries) – Use a Sentiment
A Gem of A Challenge – One for the Girls
Just Us Girls Challenge photo inspiration

7 comments:

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Cute Fall image! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Darling image and love the soft coloring on it! I love the soft sponging around the edges framing your image and the awesome triple slider design. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

ann van dijk said...

Wouw beautiful i love it, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&CC.
Hugs Anneke DT

Tamie said...

Loving your image and the beautiful layout you used to highlight it! The sentiments are just so perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our Distressing Challenge.

Tamie DT

Taunya Butler said...

What a cool and fun card - love the way the message comes up!! That is so awesome!! Way to go!!! I am so glad that you joined us at 4 Crafty Chicks for this challenge - sure hope we see you next week’s challenge as well!!
Taunya Butler
4 Crafty Chicks August Guest Designer
http://daisiesgirl.com

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card, such a fabulous design.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

Helen said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our 'Dies or Punches' challenge.
Hugs Helen P x