Monday, September 15, 2014

Cindy and her shoe

Here we are, in the middle of the month and half way through the progressive challenge over at Rick St Dennis!  Make sure you head on over and enter using one of his fantastic images - there are a ton to choose from between his Etsy Shop and his Zibbet Shop!!

I know I have been doing a lot of these tealight candle holder cards.  But I just think they make the BEST gifts!!  I think even my oldest daughter who thinks this is all just a "cute little hobby" might like this since she is a candle hoarder!  LOL

For this one I used the new Cindy image by Rick St Dennis.  The sentiment inside is one of mine.  I will include it with this post if you want to copy and save it for your own use - please give me credit!  ;)  I added some ribbon roses, lace, ribbon, pearls glitter tulle, stick pins, roses and a crown charm.  I used three different dies on this card (including the one on the inside)...  I colored Cindy using gel pens.  Did you know that if you draw over the lines with the gel pen, that when it is still wet you can blend it?  Turns out pretty cool if you ask me!  LOL  I covered her shoe and her eyes with Glossy Accents and added a gem on the shoe.


Here is what the inside looks like



Here is the sentiment - feel free to save it...  :)



Thanks for looking!

613 Avenue Create (UP TO 3 ENTRIES)– anything goes/ optional challenge – anything goes
Scribble & Scrap Blog & Challenge (UP TO 3 ENTRIES)– anything goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog – last challenge (choose your favorite image)
Cute Card Thursday – Too Cute
Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog (enter up to 10 challenges) – favorite things
4 Crafty Chicks – Fancy Folds
Wags'n'Whiskers – For the Girls
Allsorts Challenge Blog (max of 3 entries) Sugar and Spice (that’s what little girls are made of)

9 comments:

brenda said...

This is lovely Karen and perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Barb said...

This is so pretty with lovely design and colors. Thanks for joining us at Wags n' Whiskers challenge. Barb

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Karen! I love that image and all of the textures, the ribbon rose are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
Tammy x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Lori said...

This is a very pretty card :) I love how the ribbon is put on the inside and visible from the outside. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxo

Lexie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Deborah Adams said...

Your card is so pretty. Love the way you used your gel pens to color yoThank you for sharing and joining us at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge.
Deborah DTur image. I never tried to blend gel pens. I will have to give that a try. :D Thank you.
I also like your flowers and dp's.

Liz Smith said...

oh that charm, and those pins!! So cute! Thank you for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. ~ Lizzy DT

Helene E said...

I'm horribly late this week but I still wanted to pop by and thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)!