Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sister Missionary

I just had a friend ask me to make a Missionary Farewell card for a friend of hers...So, I said I would.  Where I live we are saturated by the LDS church.  My husband is a member so I know how wonderful the church members can be.  I also know where to find the free clip art!  LOL  I used some free clip art to make this card and some black and white paper.  I used an embossing folder, an edge punch and a sweet white ribbon.  I also added some black gems and some clear gems.  I added some Glossy Accents to the one sister's glasses.  I think I like how this turned out...

I sent her this picture and got the reply "happy dance!"...I'll take that to mean she likes it and won't be embarrassed to give it to her friend?  LOL

Thanks for looking!


Dream Valley Challenges Inspired by a movie, song or book (Book Of Mormon or the song "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission")
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog  add a sentiment
Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) – Clear (vellum, glossy accents, translucent …..)
Word Art Wednesday (up to 5 entries)uplifting
C.R.A.F.T challenge (up to 5 entries)-   Inspired by a book (The Book Of Mormon)
Moving Along With The Times – girls just wanna have fun
4 Crafty Chicks – Inspired by a song (the song "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission")
Just Keep On Creating – Anything Goes                      

5 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

This is so pretty! The colors are neutral and so classy. I love that image and the gems. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Carole Robb Bisson said...

A very classic card. Thank you for posting this wonderful art at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Sandra H said...

So lovely is your card x

Leanne said...

Oh I like the image, and the border along the bottom too. Nice embossing folder used too. Great touch with the ribbon too. Thanks for entering our Inspired by a Song challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Way to go!

Leanne DT@4CC

Helen said...

Love it - great images and a really lovely background to the card.

Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge.

Helen x