Monday, June 16, 2014

Have you seen Maleficent yet?

Oh my goodness!!  This has got to be one of the best movies I've seen in a while!!  Keep in mind, it is the first movie I've been to in a long time...but, it really is awesome!!  So awesome, I went to see it twice - SO FAR!  I've been inspired to make something using Rick St Dennis' Maleficent image.  I didn't want it to be all dark and evil since the movie made me fall in love with her.  Instead I went with burgundies, browns and blues.  I have had these awesome buckles from Tim Holtz for a while and have not been sure what I wanted to do with them, so I chose to use them on this.  I wanted to add the "tear" with the pretty hidden flower paper to signify the beauty of her home before her heart was broken (the tear).  The pretty blue bow represents Aurora; the beauty who patches the tear.  Anyway...according to my daughter I think too much (she keeps telling me this as we are reading Game Of Thrones and watching the first season episodes to follow along with the book), but like I said, I wanted to make something that represented my love for this movie!!   It isn't often I have a bunch of "hidden" messages in my cards - but this one...yep!



Hope you love her as much as I do!!



Craft Your Passion Challenges (up to 3 entries) – 3 or more embellishments
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog  Inspired By A Song (once upon a dream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8waJ7W3QcJc )
Inky Impressions Challenges – For the girls
Crafty Ribbons Challenge (up to 5 entries) – anything w/ribbon
Paper Crafting Journey – anything goes
2 sisters callenge – make your own embellishment

2 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous card hun. Thank you for sharing with us over at Crafty ribbons this week and hope to see you in future challenges.
Hugz Elaine aka Ellapu

DT Crafty Ribbons
Owner Eclectic Ellapu
Owner Altered Eclectics
Handcrafted by Ellapu

kanda said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx