Saturday, June 28, 2014

2 weddings today

Today I have two weddings.  I am performing one of them (as the wedding officiant) and attending the other as my husband's date (it is his co-worker's wedding).  I figured I should at least make a card for the wedding I'm attending as a guest.  This may be the first time I've used this Kenny K image called Wedding Dance.  I have several wedding images so what I did was add as many as I have onto a spread sheet so my husband could see them all and this is the one HE picked for me to use (I don't know the couple and didn't have a clue).  It is sort of funny, the image and the layout pretty much do not go well together...it is a romantic lay out and a humorous image...I think that is part of what makes it so perfect! haha!!

I used two different stips of lace and  some ribbon.  The "sentiment" is from Making Memories' vintage metal combo set.  I added a couple of butterfly dies and some roses.  I did some stitching around the image and around the first square.  I colored his suite and their hair using Prismacolor pencils, their skin tones using promarkers and her crown was colored using a glitter gel pen.  I added some Frosted Lace stickles onto her dress rather than coloring it.  This was so fun to make!!  Sure hope they like it!


Thanks for looking!


Sentimental Sundays (must always add a sentiment) 1 entry per person – When I grow up
Kenny K’s Krafty Girlz ANYTHING GOES optional twist: brown
Dream Valley Challenges monochrome
Top Tip Tuesday – (enter up to 3 times) Leave a Tip – 2 or more ribbon/twine
Party Time Tuesday’s Challenge Blog (up to 3 entries or 2 for anything goes) – anything goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog  Favorite Color Combo
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges (3 entries)– TIC TAC TOE  (lace, die cut, flowers)
Simon Says stamp Challenges (up to 5 entries) – anything goes
Inky Impressions Challenges (up to 3 entries) – anything goes
Sisterhood Of Crafters (no more than 3 entries) – monochromatic
Rhedd & Rosie’s Challenge Blog (no more than 3 entries)– anything goes
Sassy Studio Designs – Celebrations
Cute Card Thursday – circles
Crafty Ribbons Challenge (up to 5 entries) – stitching (real or fake) + ribbon

14 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

This is awesome! I LOVE the image you used. The couple looks like they're having a great time. The flowers are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Great job Karen! I have this KennyK image and totally forgot about having it! Thanks for the reminder!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘MONOCHROMATIC’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Chris said...

a lovely wedding card! What a fab image, great colouring and design. Thanks for joining us at LCI.
Chris
x

Cornelia W said...

This is one FUN wedding card, although it in not quite monochrome... Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges! I hope to see you again here next time! Hugs, Cornelia – DT

Samantha said...

fab card LOVE the lace too! so pretty, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Sandie said...

Fabulous card...such a great image...
Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies...x

Zoe said...

A great card, fab image, thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

downrightcrafty said...

Totally gorgeous and I do adore this image and such pretty lace too, thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
hugs Kate xx

Melissa Latchem said...

What a fun card! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Annette said...

Your card looks fantastic! Lovely romantic details suitable for a weddingcard!
Thank you for sharing and joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
Hugs Annette
Team A(ll That)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great wedding card, love the colours & flowers

Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Rachael Evans said...

looks like they're having lots of fun! i love it. thanks for sharing with us at sentimental Sundays x

Whimsey said...

LOL - what a cute image; made me chuckle!!

Thank you for sharing your work with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink. ~Michele, DT

Regan said...

Pretty and fun! Love the lace and flowers! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
{hugs}
Regan